11.04.2007

sad photo- OIB

I know this is going to be a sad one, but...

I just spent the weekend at Ocean Isle Beach with one of our friends from college, and while I really enjoyed the mini-vacation, and really enjoyed all of the coastal architecture (especially since my firm is working on a project with really similar traits right now), it wasn't at all significant in relation to this::

I'm sure you've all heard about the fire recently at OIB. I think that kind of stuff takes some time to set-in, but when you drive around the corner and see this house, it hits you like a ton of bricks.

Last time I checked the verdict was still out on a definite cause, but 6 young people died and I know it has shaken up A LOT of families and friends.

I guess this goes out to express my (our) apologies and to remind everyone to be careful.

No comments: