1.27.2008

Denver

Being out here in Boulder, CO I've had some time to go exploring around the area on the weekends. This weekend I went to Denver to see a few key things from word-of-mouth as well as from Design*Sponge's Denver Design Guide. There were a few things that I really wanted to see-

The Denver Art Museum:
Designed by Daniel Libeskind, the building was AMAZING.

The Downtown Aquarium:
The biggest aquarium between Chicago and California- I haven't been to one since grade school, and this was pretty impressive.

The 16th Street Mall:
It was a GORGEOUS day, and the perfect day to go exploring through Denver on foot throughout this pedestrian mall.

The Tattered Cover:
Thanks to D*S, I found out about this huge, independent bookstore. It was pretty great, especially because it didn't carry the chain-ish stuff / finishes & interiors of your typical Barnes + Noble, Borders, etc...

Mod Livin:
By far, my FAVORITE thing to see in Denver- a great store with everything I want and can't afford, along with little gifts and vintage finds that I could bring home with me. I got out of there pretty cheap, but I spent at least two hours looking around this place. I definitely recommend it, and thanks SO much to D*S for putting that bug in my ear.







Overall, Denver was pretty impressive and I'm a huge fan- glad I went.

1 comment:

traphic signs said...

love that shop!! i wanna go....