11.21.2007

Thanksgiving travels!


It's funny that you put up an entire post about our ultimate carry-on, because my appreciation for it has grown so much in the last day and a half. Last night as I was packing for my trip home, I piled everything I wanted to bring with me on my bed- two pairs of tennis shoes, three pairs of flats, a pair of heels, several sweaters / pairs of pants, running gear, etc... and I thought, "no way is this going to fit into a carry-on and my little roll-on suitcase." I absolutely hate checking baggage- not only having to check-in with someone when I get to the airport, but having to go through the process of claiming it, and after having mine lost before the potential for having to go through THAT ordeal again... So, I crammed as much as I could possibly fit into my small suitcase ($10 at Target on sale and still going- best purchase ever) and looked at the mountain of stuff left over. We're talking three pairs of shoes, two scarves, all of my cosmetics / flat-iron, two books, camera, cords, a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, and I thought, "right.."

Well, it all fit into our bag - with room to spare - and things are as accessible as they could possibly be. I'm impressed.

With that I'll leave it alone- Happy Thanksgiving, erin & everyone- I know we all have a lot to be thankful for, so here's to keeping all of that in mind (at least throughout the next few days) & safe travels to everyone!

No comments: