1.26.2008

saturday afternoon activity


This is my great great grandmother's chair that not only has been around a very long time but been passed through many hands including my cousin JoLynn where it thankfully survived (along with Jolynn and John) hurricane Katrina. It has been through alot and as you can clearly see needs some work.

So this afternoon I took on the craft project of reupholstering it with the fabric I found in Las Vegas. In a perfect world I would have painted it a glossy white too, but by the request of my mother, given it is a family heirloom I am keeping it the original warm wood tone. I ran outta ribbon that I am doing the trim in... so I will post the final result when I am done. Does more ribbon count as an essential so that it can go with my no buy rule?

Here is the fabric.

No comments: