12.20.2007

Contests!

Tis the season for competition, apparently... but these are awesome.

DWR is doing their classic Champagne Chair Contest, and if I understand correctly, the chair must be made entirely out of the cork of a bottle of champagne. This is an image I found of previous entries on The One Train. These get pretty creative- can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this year!

Another one my sister sent me (nicely done, Meagen- you called it) was called One Sheet of Paper and is put on by the Hirshhorn Modern Art Gallery in Wash. DC. I think this is over / has passed, but these were some of the entries. Once again, a rather limited materials palette- one sheet of 8.5 x 11 white paper. Sounds simple? I think these people have clearly proved me wrong...

1 comment:

Denise Kiggan said...

So interested in the Champagne Cork / Chair Competition. I love observing this kind of creativity and look forward to seeing the results.
Enjoy your Christmas!